welcome to Story of Our Lives. We are a Real Life rp site set in the fictional city of Savannah Hills. We have been open for two years and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. We have lots of characters and members to plot with but we're always welcome to having more. After all, the drama cannot commence without you all. I hope you enjoy your time at SOOL, where you decide your character's fate.

site news.8/16: We have a new skin
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

On an island in the sun, steph/derek
Stephanie Elizabeth Masterson
 Posted: May 29 2017, 07:58 PM
Kindergarten Teacher
Steph
Single
Rachel McAdams
N/A
28 years old

LINE OF LYRICS
It was already a quite busy time for Stephanie because this had been the last week of school, though her student’s last day had been Tuesday when they had graduated. It was a bittersweet moment for her but she knew she’d see them again next school year, they just wouldn’t be coming to her class and she’d have a whole new set of children come September. She had gotten up that morning, unable to really sleep anyway. Part of it was nerves. She wasn’t dreading it or anything. Actually, she was quite excited. She had gone over their texts from last week probably twenty times in the past half hour. She decided to give herself a break from it and start getting ready, after all it would be time to leave soon since she had to drive to Orlando, which was only an hour in good traffic but still.

Stephanie had taken a shower and started looking through her closet for something to wear. She decided on a Paisley designed halter top and a skirt, paired with her newest pair of sandals that she’d gotten from the store. She had gotten dressed and added a few light touches of make-up. Stephanie never really was heavy with that sort of thing. It didn’t look right on her. The best she had ever done with that was red lipstick she had worn with a costume for a 50’s party.

She sat there looking at herself in the mirror and felt as though her stomach was knotting up. She picked up her phone, sending him a quick message. ‘Hey. Good morning. Hope you slept well. I’m about to leave shortly. I’ll meet you outside the gate of Magic Kingdom. I’ll be wearing a Paisley designed shirt. I’ll send a picture of it so you know what it looks like.’ She sent the text and then finished getting ready. Ten minutes later she was getting in the car and was on her way to Disney World. The drive wasn’t long, though as time passed she felt her nerves really beginning to kick in. Once she arrived at the park, the challenge was finding a spot. Thankfully after circling down a few aisles, she found one. She grabbed her sunglasses and slipped them on as she got out of the car and headed for the gate.

@Derek James Summers

Stephanie outfit

TOM HARDY MADE ME THIS BRACELET
PMEmail
^
Derek James Summers
 Posted: May 30 2017, 12:35 PM
officer
just derek
Single
channing tatum
N/A
thirty-four years old

THE WORLD HAS SOMEHOW SHIFTED ALL AT ONCE EVERYTHING LOOKS DIFFERENT NOW THAT I SEE YOU
"Holy shit,"

Two words that had been repeated plenty of times for the past week. Holy shit. This was really happening. Oh my god - this was really happening. Derek Summers was finally meeting Stephanie Masterson. Dreams - dreams often played on repeat in his mind of how something like this would go even after she had disappered from his life. Months of not communicating with her and he still had a desire to run into her by accident - finding a way to have her in his life. He never thought in his wildest dreams she would return and ask to meet him.

Holy Shit.

He was nervous. He was sweating nervous. What in the hell was he supposed to wear? Derek found himself in front of the mirror changing his shirt a little too often. He even had his Police Uniform on at one point. What? It was said that a woman liked a man in a uniform but he figured that'd be trying quite a bit too hard so that one was off quickly. The next outfit was way too fancy as he put on a tie and then he realized he was being insane. This was a Disney date - not some fancy dinner. Why was he so nervous to begin with? He'd been talking to this woman for years - she knew his deep thoughts as he'd shared more with her then he had with anyone else - that part came so easy. Maybe, it had something to do with the fact they hadn't talked in so long - he doubted it. If they were still at the stage of communicating daily he'd still be just as sweaty as he was now.

The man finally decided to go with casual - a white t-shirt and a nicer pair of pants as this was a Disney date and he needed to find himself comfortable.

His stomach was doing flip flops when he got the text, morning. i'll see you soon. i'm in white. he played that totally cool even if his inside weren't playing cool with him.

---

The man was now standing at the gate of the Magic Kingdom - trying to remain clam. His body doing rather unusual twist and turns as he tried to find this woman - this Stephanie Masterson.

And then -

He saw her. And another, "Holy shit," came out in a whisper.

@Stephanie Elizabeth Masterson

PM
^
 Posted: May 30 2017, 02:51 PM
Kindergarten Teacher
Steph
Single
Rachel McAdams
N/A
28 years old

LINE OF LYRICS
Stephanie’s brain was going 100 miles a minute. She kept thinking maybe this was crazy. What if he was different than he had come off while they had been talking online? What if the person in the pictures wasn’t him? She’d watched way too many episodes of Catfish, but she knew that these were legitimate possibilities. She knew deep down though that he wouldn’t have lied to her like that. She just hoped that her gut was right. She did her best passing the time by checking her e-mails that she had been neglecting from her phone. She came across one of the last ones they had sent to each other before her hiatus and read through the messages.

A smile came to her face as she looked at the picture. He had an amazing smile and that was one of the things that she liked most about him. Stephanie occasionally looked up to make sure she hadn’t missed him or anything. This last time though when she looked up, she was stunned. She felt her palms becoming sweaty. She couldn’t figure out why she was all of a sudden getting so nervous. She had been wanting this for months, years even. That was the difference though between wanting something and then actually being able to get it. The latter was scariest of all.

She stood up, smoothing her skirt out as she did, managing to wave to him. ‘Move,’ she thought to herself. She knew she’d have no chance of them getting anywhere with this if she just stood there. She slowly started moving towards him. Once she was within a safe distance, she stopped. “Hi…umm,” she sighed taking a deep breath. “It’s nice to meet you without the screen. I’m Stephanie.” She wasn’t sure if she should have given him a handshake or a hug or anything. She was just still in awe that he was really here.

@Derek James Summers

Stephanie outfit

PMEmail
^
Derek James Summers
 Posted: May 31 2017, 03:25 PM
officer
just derek
Single
channing tatum
N/A
thirty-four years old

THE WORLD HAS SOMEHOW SHIFTED ALL AT ONCE EVERYTHING LOOKS DIFFERENT NOW THAT I SEE YOU
Oh god - what was he thinking? Meeting someone off the internet? He was a Police Officer for crying out loud - he had seen first hand what could happen with an internet meeting going wrong. Just last year he had to help track down a thirteen year old girl that had been roped in by a 45 year old pervert. The entire Police Force might just be laughing their asses off at Derek Summers for even thinking of going on a dating site. One of his buddies told him he should be packing - his gun of course in case she turned out to be a lady killer. Except Derek Summers was going to Disney and he wasn't about to sneak in a gun and he had high hopes that this Stephanie Masterson was who she claimed to be. His hopes were probably too high but he wore his heart on his sleeve.

Standing there; awkwardly waiting for this woman he kept glancing down at his phone his eyes staring at the woman in the photos. By god - would she be half as beautiful as these pictures he caught himself looking at every night before sleep. He knew he had built her up in his mind and people often said that internet relationships turned into disappoinments for exactly that reason. As he fidgeted around the entrance of the park - hands clamy, face beat red as the sun didn't help his nerves - he finally saw her.

"Holy shit," he felt frozen in his spot as he watched her walk towards him. My god. My fucking god was she beautiful. He almost had a knee gut reaction to look back at his phone because there was no way the woman from his phone was actually coming near him right now. He had waited years for this encounter and by god she was much more attractive in person. His legs feeling like puddin' finally started walking to her as a smile played out onto his face - giving her a goofy wave back.

He breathed deeply, "Hey," his breath caught in his throat. "You're you," pausing he took her all in, "And - I'm me," his face turned a shade of red, "I mean - I'm Derek." the pictures at least matched the pictures from the screens and sometimes that was half the battle. Now here's hoping Derek could pass off his personality as well as he had on the phone. That was the last half of the battle.

"You look - wow." he coughed a bit as his hand played up over his mouth in a nervous tick, "I mean - I just mean you look lovely."

PM
^
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 02:46 AM
Kindergarten Teacher
Steph
Single
Rachel McAdams
N/A
28 years old

LINE OF LYRICS
Stephanie didn’t allow herself to overthink it or rather she tried not to because she knew what would happen if she did. She’d chicken out and she didn’t want to do that. She owed it to not only herself, but to Derek as well to see this through. Until now, Stephanie had only dreamed about what it would have been like to meet him. What she would say to him? How it might actually feel to kiss him instead of just talking about it. She could only imagined how good he’d smell. It was a little daunting now because it was no longer just a simple possibility, but so close to being her reality.

Stephanie laughed a little and nodded her head. “I can tell you I’m glad about that.” She could tell that maybe he was just as nervous as she was, which oddly put her a little bit at ease. “Nice to finally officially meet you Derek.” she said with a smile. “Thanks. I figured I should go for something cute, but yet comfortable so I decided on this, but I’m glad you like it. You look very nice too. Very handsome.” She slipped her phone back into her purse and adjusted it across her body. “So, it doesn’t seem like it’s going to be super crowded, but then again it is still early. So, shall we?”

She honestly wasn’t really sure what she would want to do first. It had been a while since she had been here and honestly, she had never been here on a date so it would be a definite first for her. It was one of those things that she was excited about though and if things worked out well between the two of them today, it could have maybe led to more.

@Derek James Summers

Stephanie outfit

PMEmail
^
Derek James Summers
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 04:32 PM
officer
just derek
Single
channing tatum
N/A
thirty-four years old

Looks could be deceiving. Derek Summers the Football Player. Derek Summers the boy with the muscles. Derek Summers the Army Man. Derek Summers the Police Officer. People that judged based on traits would assume the man would be much more comfortable with himself. Weren't known jocks supposed to have an easy with the ladies of the world? Stereotypes could be wrong and boy were they wrong with Derek Summers.

The man stood in front of the woman he'd been speaking to for two years, his legs feeling like jelly. His face shining a hue of red as the heat that radiated onto him didn't help that tint of nervousness creeping on the outlining of his face. Derek Summers was never one that was exactly given the genes on how to play it suave with women. He tried. He failed. Oh god - he so hoped he wouldn't muck this up. How horrid would it be? Mucking it up with a women he felt such a bright connection with - a woman he spent so much time talking to and discussing all his fears, and prides of the world.

"I'm glad too," he gave a laugh with a wide smile that chased after it. "It's nice to meet you too." so nice He had thought she was gone from his world forever. As much as it had hurt that they drifted he was so thankful the two of them found themselves into the moment they're in now. As much as his stomach boiled over with nerves he wouldn't trade this moment for the world. "Thanks," the smile that captured his face earlier had remained on his face except with a bit of a more silly look to it.

"We shall," he held out his arm for her. "I haven't actually been to any of the Disney parks before.." his Uncle was always too busy to give him much of a childhood. No fault of his Uncles it was just the way that it had been. And the man had yet to ever find the time or someone to go with despite being so close to a park. "Is there anything particular you were really hoping to get to first?" he asked knowing the park might pick up faster as the day grew longer. He was always told to do what you want to the most at the start for that simple fact above. @Stephanie Elizabeth Masterson

PM
^
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 07:55 AM
Kindergarten Teacher
Steph
Single
Rachel McAdams
N/A
28 years old

LINE OF LYRICS
Stephanie did her best to hide her nervousness. After all, it wasn’t like he turned out to be some middle aged bald guy who had been catfishing her for two years. He had a nice smile. It was something that she had noticed in one of the pictures she’d seen of him, but seeing it up close now, it sank in even more for her now. She took his arm as he held it out for her. “I’m glad to see you’re just as much a gentleman in real life as you were online.” Some things didn’t translate into real life the way one thought it would online. She’d never personally experienced it, but she heard about it from a few of her girlfriends. That was why for the longest time she hadn’t told anyone that she had been talking to Derek. The only one that knew now was Holly and that was only because she had caught her sending a message to him before school started one day.

Stephanie grabbed a map as they entered the park and went through a security check. It had been a while since she had been here that she had forgotten where most of the stuff was. “How about we go to the Tomorrowland speedway first? It’s been a while since I’ve been on there. Plus, I figure we can wait a little bit before we go on Splash Mountain. It’s kinda warm already, but it’s still early so it’s bound to get hotter. It’ll be a nice little cool off.” Stephanie didn’t know how he felt about spinning rides. She normally stayed away from the teacups. She used to be able to do them with no problem, now rides like that made her uncomfortably ill.

“So…can I ask you something?,” she asked, almost too nervous to look at him. “Do you think you made the right choice agreeing to come here and meet me? Or…is it too early to tell?” Stephanie definitely didn’t regret it. She just hoped that he wasn’t disappointed with her. She knew how sometimes expectations of a person and the actual person could clash.

@Derek James Summers

Stephanie outfit

PMEmail
^
Derek James Summers
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 06:30 PM
officer
just derek
Single
channing tatum
N/A
thirty-four years old

"I try," he grinned at her as they walked toward the entrance of the park.

Derek Summers was relieved that she turned out to be who she claimed to be. He wouldn't lie and say that he just always assumed she was herself. Her departure made him wonder twice. That Catfish television show also put a small scare into him. He sometimes wondered if she was trying to play a joke on the big bad cop. It wouldn't surprise him all that much as Police were rather hated in today's society. He knew there were bad cops of the world and the social justice system of the world was wank but the man did try to do his job to the best of his ability - he got in it to help after all.

So upon seeing her for the first time her face matching the photos was such a relief - such a happy moment. He knew that personalities didn't always mesh with the online world however even if that wasn't the case she was still in there somewhere. She had to be. And even if their personalities didn't mesh quite correctly that could certainly be overcame. The hard part was over in his humble opinion.

"Oh? Do you race cars there?" he asked knowing it was probably a silly question. "That sounds like a plan. I don't want you to get too wet too soon after all," a cheeky smile found its way onto his face as he glanced down at her - it wouldn't come too much surprise that the man would make such a joke as he was no stranger to them in the past. His eyes scanning around the park the further they got into the place that smile on his face remained. "I'm so looking forward to this!" he expressed with a childish delight as he'd never stepped foot into the place before. His inner child was bound to pop up.

"Of course," he averted his attention back to her. "I made the right choice." he titled his head slightly, "Even if this turns out to be a bust it's going to be good to know how this all turned out instead of keeping with a what if," he expressed. "Are you feeling comfortable with your choice?" he asked in return.

PM
^
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 03:46 AM
Kindergarten Teacher
Steph
Single
Rachel McAdams
N/A
28 years old

LINE OF LYRICS
Stephanie felt her nerves slowly but surely melting away. “Well try and you shall succeed,” she said with a laugh. “Ugh, that probably sounded super cheesy I’m sorry.” Stephanie nodded her head. “It’s a pretty nice track, but don’t expect to be going 160 or anything like that. I guess it does have to be kid friendly being Disney and all.” Stephanie had thought countless times about what it would be like if she had kids taking them to Disney. She was definitely going to avoid it on holidays if she could.

Stephanie blushed a little, knowing that comment could have gone one of two ways. She decided to keep her thoughts PG-13. She had thought about it before. In their intimate e-mails it had come up once or twice and she may have sent a picture of herself in some…interesting attire. Stephanie never did that, but she felt like she could trust that he wouldn’t blast her pictures all over the internet. “You and me both,” she said with a laugh. She was definitely excited to see how the events of the day went.

“Nope, totally regret it,” she paused before looking up at him with a teasing grin. “I’m totally kidding. I’m glad I met you. I mean aside from being insanely hot…did I just say that out loud…anyway..”, she said laughing it off. “You seem really nice. Definitely sane for sure. I told you I watch a lot of Criminal Minds so initially I was like I just hope I don’t end up locked in a cage somewhere.” That was a worst case scenario, but she knew the world they lived in could be crazy.

@Derek James Summers

Stephanie outfit

PMEmail
^
Derek James Summers
 Posted: Jun 27 2017, 06:17 PM
officer
just derek
Single
channing tatum
N/A
thirty-four years old

"You're fine,"

A warm grin erupted out onto his face. He still couldn't believe he was standing here with Stephanie Masterson. "Well, bummer." he hadn't expected it to go that fast even the slightest, despite loving speed. There was nothing that Derek Summers liked more then catching someone speeding so he could have a fun race. Of course - he hated giving tickets and often let people go despite the constant scold from the commanding officer in charge. What could he say? Unless someone was going a speed that could cause an accident he didn't think speeding was the worst crime of the century.

"I'm going to so beat you though," a bit of a competitive streak - he had played football after all. Derek Summers was not the type of man that let a girl win. He wasn't a sore loser either. But - he played for all the marbles. The only time he'd ever not be competitive is with a child and he often let children beat him in games like basketball when the Police Officer held Community Events. But game on today with Stephanie Masterson.

A small frown etched out onto his face when she said she regretted it. He looked down at her not sure what to say. I mean come on? They'd only just met!? How was she already regretting it but then he caught the smile on her face and he gave her a fake glare in return. "So cruel," he joked. And that frown was soon long gone when she called him hot and was replaced with a cocky smirk, "Insanely hot, huh? My pictures didn't disappoint then?" he asked her - hers certainly hadn't disappointed him. "I work for the Police Department... I had some same fears," he smiled as he'd seen first hand some internet meetings gone wrong. Of course, in this world he knew she had the bigger risk then himself - sadly, that's just the way it was and was something he tried to fight and prevent."I'm glad you made a risk to come meet me though," he spoke sincerely.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by libby at shine, cc, sp and atf LAUZ @ SHINE
custom forum structure by black
The Almanac Effect RPG-D DANCING UNDER THE LIGHTS <