welcome to Story of Our Lives. We are a Real Life rp site set in the fictional city of Savannah Hills. We have been open for two years and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. We have lots of characters and members to plot with but we're always welcome to having more. After all, the drama cannot commence without you all. I hope you enjoy your time at SOOL, where you decide your character's fate.

site news.8/16: We have a new skin
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

On an island in the sun, steph/derek
Stephanie Elizabeth Masterson
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 08:27 AM
Kindergarten Teacher
Steph
Single
Rachel McAdams
N/A
28 years old

LINE OF LYRICS
Stephanie knew for speeds of that magnitude she’d need to go to one of those go-karting places that you needed a license for. She didn’t know if she could even handle going that fast though, especially around those tight curves. She could have seen some major self-injury occurring. Stephanie smirked a little. “We’ll see about that. Don’t think just cause I like you I’m going to take it easy on you either, especially since you’re already claiming you’re going to beat me.” Stephanie could be good natured when it came to competition. Her reaction was mainly mirrored based on what kind of reaction she got from the person. For example if this had been her sister she had been talking to the reaction would have been completely different, definitely less playful.

“Hey, can’t be all good all the time,” she said with a smirk. “Nope, no disappointment from this girl. I hope mine weren’t too terrible to look at.” Stephanie was only messing around, though she did have her days where she could look a fright, but those were very rare. It mainly happened when she wasn’t feeling well, but honestly who thought about dressing to the nine’s when you weren’t feeling one hundred percent. “You have more of an advantage than I do though don’t you think? I mean, you’re trained in combat and de-escalating situations and using a gun. Me? I’ve never even touched a gun though I do know how to defend myself to a decent extent. I took a self-defense class back in college because there had been a lot of attacks on campus.”

Stephanie’s mom would have sent her a stun gun if they hadn’t been banned from campus. Thankfully, nothing ever happened to her, but it did scare her the amount of stories that she got alerts about through campus police notifications. “Me too, now let’s just see if we can make it to the end of the date, though honestly I don’t think that should be too hard.” Stephanie got in line behind some people and once it was their turn she beelined for the purple race car. “I guess I’ll try not to rub it in too much when I make it to the finish line first.” She got in, familiarizing herself with the controls and such and started to buckle herself in as she focused her attention ahead, watching as the lights went from red to yellow to green and then they were off.

@Derek James Summers

Stephanie outfit

TOM HARDY MADE ME THIS BRACELET
PMEmail
^
Derek James Summers
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 01:05 PM
officer
just derek
Single
channing tatum
N/A
thirty-four years old

THE WORLD HAS SOMEHOW SHIFTED ALL AT ONCE EVERYTHING LOOKS DIFFERENT NOW THAT I SEE YOU
A playful smile crossed out onto his face as he tilted his head. "Of course not. I wouldn't want you to take it easy on me. I want to win fair and square," he winked. "I get to chase people down to give them tickets all the time so I'm just warning you I might be a bit of a pro. So don't be too sad when you crumble to my defeat," cocky. It was all spoken in playful fun however because even if he did lose against her he wasn't what one would call a sore loser - despite his cocky nature.

"Oh, but you could you just choose to be good all the time." he tried to hide that smile that seemed to not disappear since the moment that he had laid eyes on her. It was so surreal to be standing with her and he wondered if this was how some people felt when they met celebrities. She had seemed untouchable and like she was this famous person in the distant. A rather odd expression but the only one he could formulate. "Eh," he smirked, "They were... you know...not too bad to look at," pausing, that smile returned on his face again. "They were a delight to look at," pausing, he took out his wallet from his back pocket. "Actually, this might be weird but-" he took her picture out of his wallet that he had printed off. "My buddies at the police station wanted to know what you looked like so I brought in this picture because we can't always have our phones with us during our shifts," he explained.

He hated not having his phone with him but it was considered a safety hazzard. If they were in a serious situation it could cause harm if it went off and a police officer shouldn't be distracted with their phones. They had work only phones for emergencies. Of course cops always found other ways to distract themselves such as Derek did talking to his buddies about the mysterious girl in the photo he kept in his wallet. "So, I guess you can say I didn't mind looking at your pictures too much." he expressed with a light shrug of his shoulders.

"I have a lot better advantage, you're right. But who knows you could have been an assassian. Maybe you are an assassian that just didn't lie about your photos and I should be concerned, " he joked or so he hoped he was joking. That was really a risk anyone took though wasn't it? Even meeting people offline in the 'real world,' there was a risk they lied about who they were even with the face being honest. The world was filled with danger and lies at every corner. "You've never touched a gun?" he questioned, "You could always come to the police station and I could take you to the shooting range and let you get a handle on one," he offered. "I wish more people would take classes like that. It's sad to see how many attacks there are in this world with people not nowing the first thing to even try to defend themselves." it was sad, and it happened far too often. The local Police Department did offer self-defense classes but people didn't actually take them up on the offer like they really should be doing.

"It might be really, really, difficult but I think we'll manage," he spoke. And then they were at the start of the line and being ushered in to get into a car. He took off to grab a blue car and plopped himself in as he buckled himself up. "Oh, you're going down Stephanie Masterson," he pointed at her giving a hardened expression, and then, they were off and his foot was on the peddle.

@Stephanie Elizabeth Masterson

PM
^
 Posted: Jul 7 2017, 08:28 AM
Kindergarten Teacher
Steph
Single
Rachel McAdams
N/A
28 years old

LINE OF LYRICS
“Good, I hadn’t planned on it anyhow,” she said with a smirk. She already liked how comfortable she felt around him, especially that he could be playful while being competitive. “Oh, it’ll be hard….but I’ll try and keep myself from breaking apart,” she stated with a slight hint of playful sarcasm. “I was going to say…really? All I get is not bad after I called you insanely hot.” Stephanie felt herself on the verge of blushing when he pulled the picture out of her wallet. “That’s not weird. I had one of you next to my computer desk, but once I moved out of my apartment and into my new place things got shuffled around.”

Stephanie’s job wasn’t super strict with electronics. They couldn’t have them out during class of course unless you were cleared due to an emergency circumstance like a year and a half ago for Stephanie when her grandfather got sick and eventually passed away. That had been a really rough time for her and thankfully her co-workers at her job back then had been very supportive. “Please, I couldn’t kill a fly let alone a person,” she said jokingly. Stephanie could defend herself on the most basic level but that was about it for her. Stephanie shook her head. “My grandmother forbid such things, said it was unlady like.” Stephanie looked back now and it amazed her at how brainwashed she had been growing up. Only dating high status guys in high school because that’s how her grandmother taught her that relationships worked.

She was all about money, power, and security. The older Stephanie got though, the more she realized she didn’t just want to be with someone just because they had money or power, especially if they were an asshole anyway. Stephanie was simple. She wanted someone that would love and respect her through everything and she would reciprocate that very same action for them. As the lights went down, her hands gripped the wheel. “Yeah, yeah yeah,” she shouted back at him as they sped off. She had been off to a pretty good start so far. Her turns had been sharp though she had cut it close after being cut off by a boy who couldn’t have been any older than 11. She looked over to her right seeing a girl and her dad in the car together. It was a pretty adorable sight honestly. They came around to the last corner and she crossed the finish line finally, looking around to see if she could find Derek. Once she spotted him, she walked over to him. “I guess congrats are in order.”

@Derek James Summers

Stephanie outfit

PMEmail
^
Derek James Summers
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 01:47 PM
officer
just derek
Single
channing tatum
N/A
thirty-four years old

THE WORLD HAS SOMEHOW SHIFTED ALL AT ONCE EVERYTHING LOOKS DIFFERENT NOW THAT I SEE YOU
it was becoming so natural to be around her. this was the part he had been nervous about. the way they spoke online had come so easily so he often contemplated if it would be the same in person. derek summers was nervous with every stride they made in this park and every word that escaped his lips. however - he was pleased to admit that being near her and talking to her seemed to come so natural. their personalities seemed to mesh just as well as they did through the phone and for that he was grateful. it would have been sad to meet and then realize that they just simply couldn't get along as well in person as through the internet.

no regrets were going to be made even if that had been the conclusion of the two of them. it was better to know then to sit and forever wonder about the what ifs of their relationship. and now they knew and he was sure the two of them were about to be in for the ride of their life - not speaking about the go-karts to come ahead.

"i'm a man i can't express my feelings," he was joking, of course. derek summers was never the type of man that held his emotions back. he joked about his emotions but he was also the type to say just what he felt when he saw the need arise. he put himself out on the line for stephanie even before meeting her and expressed how he felt without seeing her face in person first. it was a risk but derek never let fear dictate his life - including his love life. his job was a good fit for his personality in all departments including the social aspect. you had to put your life on the line to be a police officer just like you did in matters of the heart. he'd be no stranger to admit that putting your heart on the line was actually more terrifying then chasing down a drug dealer.

physical pain was something he withstood a lot easier then pain of the heart.

"you did?" he grinned, feeling grateful that he wasn't the only one that had been nerdy enough to print off a photo. "actually that's more embarassing then having a photo in the wallet. didn't people ever wonder who the hell the guy in the photo was?" he knew his work buddies always mocked him for his internet romance but it'd been worth it. and as of now he got the last laugh because the woman in the photos they all so doubted to be true was real. "hey?" he pulled out his phone, "do you think we can get a selfie?" what could he say? he wanted to prove them wrong and it'd be nice to have a photo to look back upon of the two of them.

"i haven't had to kill anyone as a cop," thankfully, "but i'm trained to kill if someone has already killed someone or has a gun pointed at a hostage," he admitted truthfully. he hoped he'd never have to shoot but if that time came and it was a hostage versus someone that just robbed a bank and had a gun pointed at someone he'd do what he'd have to do. he paused ever so slightly, because he had killed before but not as a police officer but he chose not to speak of it. he wasn't about to get into the war stories that kept him up at night - not on a first date. despite her already knowing some of these stories from the nights she stayed up late discussing them with him. "nothing is unlady like," he didn't buy much into the sterotypical roles and there were woman on the police force, "i wouldn't say defending yourself against a criminal should just be a mans job," he added in. but he also knew that gun usage was a very hot topic in american politics.

derek summers personally wasn't anti-gun but he also wasn't pro-gun for all to attain any guns they'd love because he didn't think guns should be so easily attained as they were. he knew that criminals would still get their hands on guns but at least the police could arrest and detain anyone they caught doing illegal activities before any shootings took place. as of now? there were no restrictions which meant anyone buying a gun couldn't be stopped or even questioned. the police could do nothing at all in these scenerios.

as he sat in the go-kart a wild smile played on his face; his foot on the peddle as he sped around the track passing a lot of kids and even being bumped by what looked to be a kid no older then seven - a girl to be exact in a bright pink shirt. when they finished he realized he'd came in third behind the girl that bumped him earlier and what looked to be a teenaged boy, his eyes scanned the crowd of former passengers before seeing stephanie again. "do i get a reward?" he smirked but then pointed over to the girl in the bright pink shirt, "really, she's the one that deserves the congratulations," he admitted defeat. "she was one tough cookie." he added in.

PM
^
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 10:20 AM
Kindergarten Teacher
Steph
Single
Rachel McAdams
N/A
28 years old

LINE OF LYRICS
Stephanie couldn’t remember the last time she’d felt like this about a person on a first date, though their case was quite special. They had a few years’ experience with each other. She was just glad that he wasn’t any different from how she imagined that he would be. He seemed to be genuine and that was something that was hoped for every time they had talked about meeting because the last thing she wanted was to allow herself to feel something for someone only to be disappointed by the fact that they weren’t who she thought they were. “Pish posh, some of those e-mails you sent me would suggest otherwise,” she said with a smirk. “Don’t worry though, I’ll keep that between you and me, wouldn’t want them swiping your man card.”

There were a variety of things that Stephanie felt for Derek. “Hey, don’t make fun. And I mean I don’t have a lot of visitors. Besides my friend Holly and I told her about you” Stephanie was a social person, but the older she got the more it seemed like she only hung out with a select few of her friends, mainly Holly because they worked together so more often than not they would grab dinner or drinks after work or something like that. They’d also both had their challenges when it came to dating so it seemed a bit easier to talk to and confide in one another.

Stephanie could understand that. She knew she couldn’t do a job like that. She didn’t have the stomach or mental capacity to handle it. Though, she was sure some people said that about her job. She didn’t think the kids were terrible. Some of them just needed a bit more loving and attention due to difficulty in their home lives. “Well, I’m glad you feel that way. I’d hate to have so much interest in you only to find out that you’re one of those guys who thinks that women have a certain “place” in life with certain roles.” Again, one of those things her grandmother has tried so hard to get her to see, which in the beginning, Stephanie had. She had also been a young and impressionable teenage girl. The older she got and the more she got to experience different things for herself, the more she saw just how stupid ideas like that were.

“Maybe”, she said with a smirk. “I know right?! She kept coming up on me out of nowhere. I was about to make my turn and she like comes flying out of nowhere and cut me off. She’s almost as bad as the people on the expressways when I go visit my parents”, she said with a smirk. Clearly someone had either taught her or showed her how to drive like that. “So…what do you want to do now? Want to try another ride and then get food?”

@Derek James Summers

Stephanie outfit

PMEmail
^
Derek James Summers
 Posted: Jul 29 2017, 10:19 PM
officer
just derek
Single
channing tatum
N/A
thirty-four years old

he opened his mouth with an inaudible gasp. "as long as it's a secret between the two of us then i'm perfectly okay sharing feelings with you," he spoke honestly.

he had shared so much with her before even knowing her in person because she'd been so easy to share his life stories with. she knew of his family situation and his time in the army. he had even stayed up late with her on nights he struggled to sleep discussing the military life he had lived, and the dreams that still haunted him. he wondered if he'd be as comfortable sharing his deepest thoughts with her - and looking down at her as they spoke he had a feeling it would all come to him so naturally with her.

this all felt so natural for him and he was relieved. he already was playing other scenarios in his head such as them just laying in bed - no! not dirty! he wasn't thinking of anything sexual with her in these pure moments but rather just holding hands and talking until they both fell asleep. he had other visions before meeting her but they all felt like a fantasy - out of reach. and now? now he felt like it was all possible causing a huge smile to never leave this man's face.

"you should totally put a new picture up of me but this time it can actually include the both of us," his face flushed a bit wondering if that was a comment making them move far too fast. having pictures of you around with someone else always made people assume that was your significant other right away. but she did have a picture of him up before - just him, and that was sure to cause some questions either way. and as she said she didn't have many visitors and to be honest neither did he.

he shook his head, "no i'm not one of those guys," he spoke. "i think everyone should be able to do any role they want in their lives," he shrugged, but he knew all too well that there were some people in this universe that certainly didn't think along the same lines as himself. "some of our best officers are actually females," he added in. "and some of the best soldiers," he knew how hard it was on some of them to have to prove themselves and he often wondered if some worked themselves too hard just to prove themselves. he hated the disrespect some of the women soldiers had received in his time of the military.

a fake pout came out onto the outlining of derek's face, "maybe? well how will i ever know now if i'll get a reward," he joked, "i think some NASCAR scouts need to keep an eye out for her because she'll beat them all," he said as he then stuck out his hand motioning for her to lead the way, "ill follow you. i'm up for anything," he smiled.

PM
^
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 06:59 PM
Kindergarten Teacher
Steph
Single
Rachel McAdams
N/A
28 years old

LINE OF LYRICS
Stephanie was no stranger to certain conversations being kept private or a secret. It was basically how she saw the conversations that the two of them would have about her relationship with her sister and with her grandmother. She loved her family dearly, but there were just some things that even she couldn’t let go. She hated how judgmental the two of them were. They acted as though they were higher than everyone else, sitting on pedestals judging people for the decisions they made. Every relationship that Stephanie had had been under scrutiny more so from her sister than her grandmother. That was part of the reason she never told them about her relationship with Derek.

“I’d actually like one of us both. That way people know we’ve actually met and didn’t make one another up”, she said with a smirk. “Or that it wasn’t a catfish. I am who I am and you are who you are.” Stephanie figured they could either take it themselves or that there were plenty of places around the area that took pictures of people with the special Disney World exterior over the photos. “I know, trust me, if I thought you were one of those guys I wouldn’t have talked to you for as long as I had.” As he probably gathered from conversations they had before, Stephanie hated being put into a box. She wasn’t just one thing or a stereotype. She was her own person with her own thoughts, opinions and ideals.

“Trust me, okay?”, she said with a smile. Stephanie looked down at his hand for a second before taking it into her own. They had gone on a few select rides and as promised, she left Splash Mountain for last. Her stomach was starting to growl louder than she could ignore. They walked around looking for a place to eat before she found one that sounded appealing. “Hi, can I get a cheeseburgers, fries with a side of cheese sauce and an orange crush please?” Once they got their food and found a table, they sat down and got comfortable. “So, are you having fun so far?”, she asked curiously.

@Derek James Summers

Stephanie outfit

PMEmail
^
Derek James Summers
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 10:55 PM
officer
just derek
Single
channing tatum
N/A
thirty-four years old

he gave a sideways smile, "do you make up guys often?" he joked. "i'd actually like one of both of us as well. we're one of the good internet stories." he was relieved for this considering there was always such a risk when talking to someone you've met online. his friends knew that he wasn't lying about talking to someone but they did believe he might be being catfished. they took one look at this stephanie masterson and declared her too beautiful to be someone legit online. he wondered what that said about him? did they consider him an ugly being because he was online? he was just a man that had been looking for someone to bide his time and that he had. a little more then he'd like to admit but it was what it was.

"where should we get the picture?" he asked as he looked around the park. they really had a lot of nice backdrops for taking a picture. a selfie could be taken almost anywhere but there were also park photographers all over the place. "and we talked for quite awhile," he added in. "i gathered that already," he spoke from all the conversations they'd had. it was true this was their first meeting but he felt as if stephanie already knew more about him then people that knew him in person. he shared more of himself with her then he'd had with others. it was kind of strange standing here next to someone that knew so much about him and only seeing her in person for the first time.

"you know.. i think you know me better then most of the people i've known in person for a lifetime," he spoke his thoughts aloud as he looked down at her with a heavy smile, "it's so weird to think this is our first real meeting with that being a fact." he said.

his face flushed as her hand was placed within his and he knew in that moment he'd trust her where ever she led him. and that she did as they traveled their way around the park making their way on many rides - a few making him queasy, a few pushing her closer to him, but with every passing ride the time spent with her was worth it. and as they finally declared themselves both starved he was relieved to get some food, copying her exact order and upon getting food they found a table and he sat down across from her.

"yeah, i am. i can't believe i've never been here before." he grabbed a fry and dunked it in cheese sauce as he plopped it in his mouth, "the food is actually really good too." he added in as another smile that seemed to never leave his face today plopped out onto his face.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by libby at shine, cc, sp and atf LAUZ @ SHINE
custom forum structure by black
The Almanac Effect RPG-D DANCING UNDER THE LIGHTS <