any top menu stuff goes here, such as staff, otms, etc.

Add Reply
New Poll

we can have high times if you'll abide, tag; krys!
Penelope Granger
 Posted: Oct 5 2017, 10:27 PM
years

Going to Hallington’s on Friday nights had become a tradition for siblings, Wade and Penelope Granger. It had started a few years back when Nellie first got hired as a high school nurse. Wade was a mechanic, who’d always had a fondness for going for a beer after work. This Friday evening was no exception. The new school year had started a month back and things at the high school could get stressful. The nights at the bar were a good way for the young woman to decompress and spend time with her brother. Sometimes Wade’s twin brother, Jax, would join them. However, on Friday nights, a lot of the time, Jax would be off playing a gig with his band. They had another sister named Aubrey who had recently moved back to town-- but she hadn’t started coming out with them.

It was a little after eight when the two met up at Hallington’s. With as often as they were there, there were other people they hung out with. One person, in particular, was Dean Hallington, the bar’s owner. Nellie had gone to high school with him and had always had a crush on him. Those feelings had never wavered and had only gotten stronger in recent years. It didn’t help things that she and Dean had been intimate in the recent past. They hadn’t become an actual couple, but she still held out hope that they would.

Dean was also a really good friend of Wade’s. Wade knew what was going on between the other man and his sister. He wasn’t necessarily happy about it. He knew how Nellie felt about Dean and he was concerned she’d get her heart broken. However, he didn’t say too much about it. None of it was his business and he kept to himself.

Usually, the siblings would sit at the bar counter. Wade would get himself a bottle of Corona while Nellie drank Angry Orchard hard cider. While drinking, they’d talk about their jobs and any other things going on.

”We should go get some tacos and some guac.” Wade stated as he nodded in agreement with what he said. ”Maybe a burrito… Ice-cream after?”

”Your stomach is a bottomless pit.” Penelope said, with a shake of her head. She was semi-paying attention to her brother. The majority of her focus was on scoping out Dean. She always had butterflies in her stomach when she knew she was about to see him.
PMEmail
^
Faye Sigmundsdottir
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 08:55 AM
years

Nellie/Dean
Faye/Wade

Being the fresh meat at a high school was tough, luckily, Faye was able to make friends rather quickly, one of them being Penelope. Plus, she didn't have much of a target on her back as a senior English and Creative Writing teacher; the students mostly behaved and didn't give her a hard time. Seniors were always Faye's favorite to teach because halfway through the year everyone checked out mentally and there was some creative freedom to be had there. They were more willing and open to enjoy sillier games and assignments, and her syllabus could be more lax. That was the type of freedom that was lost when she was forced to teach freshmen the previous year at her old job. It was sheer torture and misery - so, she began to explore her options. Many people suggested Florida, and she did have an aunt and a cousin here, so she figured why not? There was nothing anchoring her in Maine anyway. It wasn't long before a senior teaching position opened up in town and she hightailed it to Savannah Hills, and never looked back.

Unlike her soon to be favorite bar man, Dean, Faye was a bit more... animated. She sauntered in, still in her work skirt, blouse, and modest heels - she commanded the room. Of course, she didn't know it. Despite her outward appearance, Faye was humble, never conceited.

Dean had been mopping up the bar top, his mind all over the place lately. He couldn't figure out how he had gone from no women in his life to two. This wasn't the position he ever predicted he would be in, nor did he want to be in it. His eyes glanced up at Nellie and he gave her a warm smile, a hint of guilt behind it. By now he was sure she had heard about Allie kissing him at the bar, and could speculate where that had led. Especially since rumors were flying that she wanted to try things fresh with him... those rumors were true.

Dean wouldn't deny it if Nellie had asked, he was an honest man, but she never asked and he never had the nerve to bring it up. Instead, he went about as if nothing had changed between them. After all, things with Allie weren't official and neither were things with Nellie. Even so, he felt guilt ridden. His brother has tried to ease his conscience but that didn't seem to be working. Thankfully, his concentration broke when he heard the door open over the music, a beautiful blonde entering his bar.

Faye was told the place was casual, but she felt pretty casual in her work clothes - they were comfortable and she was used to them. Ignoring the eyes on her, she spotted Nellie and made a bee-line for her, not even noticing Wade with her. "Hey gorgeous, come here often?" she teased as she slinked up beside Nellie.

Dean's eyes followed the female straight to Nellie. Crap. He would certainly have been caught watching her, and it only made it worse that the two knew each other. But it made sense that the two prettiest girls on the room would be friends. As they greeted one another he walked over and smiled, asking her politely what she would like to drink. She looked like a wine gal, and he was right. She ordered a Pinot Grigio - chilled, then took a seat beside Nellie. Faye didn't mean to ignore Wade or seem rude, but she didn't even consider that him and Nellie were a pair as Nellie made no mention that anyone else would be joining them that evening. "How was work? I heard about the kid who had an allergic reaction in last period - sounded scary," she said as she crossed her legs in her seat.

@Nellie Granger
PM
^
Penelope Granger
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 01:23 AM
years

There had been a knot in the pit of Nellie’s stomach since she’d heard about a kiss between Allison and Dean. The feelings that he still held for his ex were no secret to Penelope. It was a fact she struggled with internally but would never have said a word to anyone about it. If there was something bothering her, she had a tendency to try to deal with it on her own. If things were really bad, she’d suffer from an intense migraine. It worried her earlier when she felt the familiar sting of a headache settling in. She’d almost cancelled on coming out, but the thought of missing an opportunity to see Dean, stopped her. Luckily, the migraine hadn’t fully formed yet and seemed to be dissipating.

Dean’s warm smile had caused the knot to loosen slightly. Taking a long swig from her Angry Orchard, Nellie gave Dean a casual smile and a nod. She could hear Wade continuously babble about what sorts of food he was hungry for, but didn’t really pay that close of attention. However, a familiar voice did grab her attention and it brought a warm smile to her face. ”Hey you.” She said as she gave Faye a side hug.

From across the table, Wade’s eyes narrowed curiously as he looked over his sister’s friend. He went through his memory bank trying to recall if he’d ever met her before. Naw, he would have remembered her. She was easy on the eyes and he suspected a hard one to forget. He sat back in his chair and watched the conversation between the two women.

At the mention of an incident at school, Nellie shook her head-- a laugh of disbelief escaping from her mouth. ”Jesus, Mary, and Joseph-- please don’t get me started on that. An idiot freshman tried to impress a junior girl. So what does he do?” She rolled her eyes at the memory. ”He tried to eat a bee. It was successful until the damn bee stung his tongue. He’d forgotten he was allergic to said bee.” She shook her head again and took a long swig from her cider. ”I weep for the future ‘cause we are screwed.”

During his sister’s story, Wade had continued to study the blonde. As soon as he knew that Nellie’s tale of stupidity was over, he took the opportunity to introduce himself. ”Hello, whoever you are.” Wade extended his hand to her to shake. ”I’m Wade.”

Nellie’s eyes widened.”Oh, shit! Sorry, Wade.” Smiling, she turned to her friend. ”Faye, this is my brother Wade. He’s usually my wingman on Friday nights.”
PMEmail
^
Faye Sigmundsdottir
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 12:00 AM
years

Nellie/Dean
Faye/Wade

Had Dean known he was a potential cause of one of Nellie's migraines he would have felt absolutely awful, especially after having seen the way they affected her first hand. One weekend he took care of her, almost like a boyfriend would have, bringing her food and water, and keeping her comfortable. Even rubbing her back in the cold darkness of her bedroom until she was soothed to sleep. In a lot of ways they behaved like a couple, except for actually being a couple.

Faye's arm encircled around the girls waist and gave her a gentle squeeze. She was comfortable in her seat as she listened to Nellie recount the afternoons events. A grimace came to her face, "God, he sounds like a complete moron. I hope, for humanity's sake, she doesn't go on a date with this kid. The last thing we need is for this kid to have an oops baby." Faye nodded, "Amen, girl. Me too. Maybe we should have let natural selection take its course."

Dean let out a small chuckle, listening to the conversation from behind the bar but refraining from making a comment just yet. Luckily, the handsome fellow beside Nellie spoke up and introduced himself, and Faye flashed him a surprised but pleasant smile before reaching across to take his hand for a shake, "Pleased to meet you, Wade. I've heard a lot about your wingman skills," she chuckled before releasing her hold on his hand.

While introductions were occurring, Dean decided to slip his own in there, "A pinot for the lovely lady, on the house. Any friend of Nellie's is a friend of mine." He flashed her a grin, "My name's Dean." Faye returned the pleasantries, smiling as she thanked him. She hid any knowledge of his and Nellie's awkward love affair well, though she wanted to shake the man so badly. What a fool he was to not want to 'put a ring on it,' or at least a title of any kind.

Faye was thankful when another customer took his attention from them and she smiled over at Nellie and Wade, "And I came here tonight with every intention of wingmanning for you, and here you go bringing someone else. Now what do I do with myself?" she asked, obviously kidding around. She lifted the glass to her lips and took a sip of the wine, then pulled a slight face. It wasn't the best wine, but not the worst either - it was drinkable. Mediocre at best, which should have been expected at a casual sports bar.

@Nellie Granger
PM
^
Penelope Granger
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 09:55 PM
years

Nellie wasted no time in agreeing over the stupidity of a freshman boy. ”I am all in favor of natural selection doing it’s thang!” She said, laughter escaping after. The hard cider was getting to her head and making her feel just a tiny bit buzzed. ”Just stick him on a cliff and let dipshit fall off the edge. Boom, splat, problem solved.” Again, she started laughing. The laughter stopped some when she noticed Dean coming over with a glass of wine for Faye. The anxiety and stress she’d felt earlier had almost completely disappeared-- it was amazing how medicinal the tiniest bit of alcohol could be. Being in close proximity to Dean, she considered stealing a kiss-- but decided against it. There’d be plenty of time for smooches later on.

Wade watched on, unable to hold back laughter of his own. He’d heard numerous tales from his sister’s job. Watching how animated Faye had been, caused him to smile. She was a very pleasant woman and pretty darn adorable. ”I have no doubt that you have some killer wingman skills, Blondie-- but no one does it like me.” Yes, he was talking a big game. The cockiness he pretended to exude sounded ridiculous. If anything, Wade was humble. He, himself, was an adorable man.

Nellie sat back and watched her friend and her brother. Her bottle of hard cider came to her lips as she downed the rest of it. She could tell by the twinkle in her brother’s eyes that he was interested in Faye. She’d had a feeling that when the two of them met-- they would get along quite well. It had been awhile since Wade had been with anyone and Nellie hated seeing him lonely. When she’d met Faye, she had no doubt the blonde would be a good fit with her brother. So far, from what she could tell, she was right.

PMEmail
^
Faye Sigmundsdottir
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 08:40 AM
years

Nellie/Dean
Faye/Wade

Faye's grin consumed her face, then she laughed as she nodded, her own laughter blending with Nellie's. Dean couldn't help but listen to the two women, enjoying the the sound of it. What could be better than two beautiful women who were happy? Not much. What wasn't so great was the laughter stopping as soon as he walked over. Though he could hear exactly what they were talking about, he wondered if maybe it was some sort of code and really they were laughing at him...

When Nellie fell silent, Dean wasn't the only one who noticed. Faye knew as well. She had heard about Dean and known what their story was, but seeing him in the flesh made everything make more sense. Of course she'd be smitten with this guy - tall, handsome, with kind eyes. Even though she knew he was kind of a douche in Faye's book for stringing Nellie along, she couldn't deny his appeal.

As Dean tended to customers on the other side of the bar, his gaze kept flickering back to Nellie, Wade and Faye. Even though his heart was juggling two women, he had no issues devoting his full attention to Nellie when she was around. Something about her hooked him, and he didn't know what.

'Blondie' made her eyebrows cock and she gave a little laugh, shaking her head, "Are you really convinced that you'd be a better wingman, to get guys, than another woman? Nellie and I together are basically every man's wet dream in here. I can guarantee I'd be a better wingman." A playful smirk played on her lips, as if to challenge Wade. She took another sip of her wine, feeling a little better about the taste on the second sip.

Dean noticed Nellie had finished her hard cider from across the bar and quickly replenished her beverage silently but with a smile. The place was beginning to pick up, which was probably a good thing. Customers were good - but what he really wanted to do was linger around the other three.

@Nellie Granger
PM
^
Penelope Granger
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 10:40 PM
years

Wade enjoyed the fact that Faye was trying to challenge him. He brought his bottle of beer to his lips and took a sip. He bit down gently on her lower lip and tilted his head slightly to the side. He studied her and the longer he did, the smile on his face widened. ”Ya see, here’s the thing. They call it a wingman for a reason. Guys are known for being able to hook their boys up…” Wade furrowed his brow as he looked at his sister. ”Or in this case, sisters…” He grimaced and shook his head. ”Okay, putting it that way sounds really wrong. Blondie, you can continue to be her wingwoman… I’m washing my hands of the whole situation.” The grimace stayed on his face as he shook his head once more. ”Sisters… bleck.”

Penelope was cracking up at this whole display between her brother and friend. Their interactions with each other was better than she could have hoped for. From almost the exact moment she’d met Faye, she’d had no doubt that her and Wade would get along great. So far, her hypothesis was correct and she couldn’t be happier.

Her focus then shifted to Dean whom had recently replenished her drink. He was at the counter, filling drink orders. Her attention returned to her brother and friend. ”You guys continue doing this and I am gonna head on over to the bar… Cause… yeah. Okay then.” She smiled at them both and left their table with her drink in hand. There was an open space at the counter and Nellie went right over and stood at it. She didn’t get his attention immediately-- instead, she waited.

While she waited, Nellie drank some of her Angry Orchard and then set it down on the counter. At this point, Dean had noticed her. Her face widened into a warm smile as she gave him a wave. As he got closer to her, Nellie leaned in, resting her upper torso on top of the counter. ”Hey,” she said, still smiling. ”I realized that I hadn’t come and told you hi, yet. Soooo, here I am.” She was grinning at him as she reached out and booped his nose with her index finger. ”So, in case ya didn’t realize-- I’m just a teensy bit buzzed.” Nellie waggled her eyebrows before taking another drink from her hard cider. ”And I plan on getting even more inebriated. So just feel free to take complete advantage of me when things die down later.” Any anxiety she’d felt about whatever was going on with him and Allison was gone. Tonight, she just wanted to focus on Dean and whatever it was that was going on between them.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by evvie of cttw & SHINE
RPG-D