welcome to Story of Our Lives. We are a Real Life rp site set in the fictional city of Savannah Hills. We have been open for two years and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. We have lots of characters and members to plot with but we're always welcome to having more. After all, the drama cannot commence without you all. I hope you enjoy your time at SOOL, where you decide your character's fate.

site news.8/16: We have a new skin

Add Reply
New Poll

.symphony., tagg; Greg
Shilo Vega
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 09:28 PM
CEO of Ripe Cherry Records
N/A
Single
Rihanna
N/A
Twenty-Six years old

.symphony.

TAG: Greg
WORDS: 609
NOTES: Looking forward to threading with you, Nicki!
Always arrive first. That was one of the first things that Shilo's father taught her about business. You never want to get there after the person you are meeting because it's a sign of weakness, and showing weakness in business is definitely something to avoid. Even though this particular meeting wasn't one where weakness would be something noticeable, the thought of it made the woman feel anxious. Thus, as per usual, Shilo made sure she would be the first to arrive at Dimaggio's. She'd had her assistant text Greg with the details of their meeting a week ago. They were set to discuss a fundraising event, though Shilo wasn't sure yet which charity they would be raising money for. Despite that, she'd already come up with a few ideas for the event itself. The woman felt hopeful and optimistic that this would turn out to be a great venture for both herself and Greg, as well as the charity they would decide on.

"Welcome!" one of the waiters greeted her as she entered the restaurant. "Will you be dining alone this afternoon?"

Shilo flashed a friendly smile at the waiter, "I'm expecting someone. Can I get a booth, please?"

"Certainly! Right this way, ma'am," the waiter said before leading Shilo to a booth in the far right corner of the restaurant. Shilo sat down on the side closest to the wall and watched as the waiter placed two menus on the table in front of her. "Your server should be with you when your party arrives," he assured her, pouring two glasses of water. He smiled once more before taking his leave.

Checking the time on her phone, Shilo figured it would be about ten or fifteen minutes before Greg showed up, which was long enough to go over the plans she'd taken down one more time to assure herself that she was confident with the information. This would be her first time speaking directly to Greg, as her assistant had handled everything else up until this point. She wanted to be sure to make a good first impression on the man she would be doing business with from this day forward. The woman pulled a folder out of her purse and sifted through a few papers before finding the ones she was looking for. She read them over carefully, taking a sip of water every now and then. Meetings like this always gave Shilo a bit of a rush. They always had, even when she was young and in training. She'd joke with her father that business must be genetic back then. But today, Shilo was read to get these ideas off of the papers in front of her and into the real world.

On the other hand, she was also excited to see what Greg had planned out himself. Charity events were one of Shilo's favorite things to plan, regardless of who she was giving to. She figured that since she was so blessed in life, that passing her wealth onto people who needed it more than her was the best thing she could do. It was never a matter of "should I do this?" so much as "I need to do this." Some of her naysayers speculated that her involvement in charity was simply a way to make herself look good to the public. In reality, it was Shilo's way of paying it forward. Of course, the haters will always speculate the worst of someone when they're trying to do good. Nevertheless, that didn't bother Shilo one bit. She knew who she was and what her intentions were. That was all she needed to be happy.
PM
^
Gregory Taylor Donovan
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 04:17 AM
NFL Player
Greg
Single
Tim Tebow
N/A
28 years old

Greg had been in practice for the better part of the morning. After that, he had taken a shower and a quick nap, but ensured that he set an alarm before napping so he didn’t oversleep and miss his lunch with Shilo. He was definitely excited to have a co-sponsor for an event. He had been looking at getting involved with a number of different things and it definitely was something that he was proud to be doing. His mom had told him many times how proud she was of the fact that he always made time to do things like that. Last Christmas, he had picked three families that were having trouble paying medical bills for their sick kids and paid them off for them. The expressions were overwhelming but it was definitely a good feeling for him.

He had gotten dressed, going for a slightly more casual look. Even though they were discussing a business venture, he didn’t think he needed to break out a suit and tie for it. He just hoped his instincts were right. Greg hopped in his car and headed for the restaurant. It only took him about half an hour to get there. He gave the valet the keys to his car and headed inside. Naturally, a few people who were dining in recognized him and asked for autographs which he happily obliged. He made his way to the hostess who then directed him to the table where Shilo was already waiting. “Hi there. Sorry if I kept you waiting. Nice to officially meet you Ms. Vega. I’m Gregory. Gregory Donovan. Please to meet you.”

Greg took a seat across from her, adjusting himself in the booth so that he was more comfortable. “So let me just start by saying thanks for agreeing to meet with me. I’m really excited to be working on this project with you. Did you order already by chance or were you waiting on me? Again, sorry if you were.” He knew he desperately needed that nap otherwise he would have been like a zombie during this meeting and he didn’t want to fumble up his first impression that way.

PMEmail
^
Shilo Vega
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 04:40 AM
CEO of Ripe Cherry Records
N/A
Single
Rihanna
N/A
Twenty-Six years old

.symphony.

TAG: Greg
WORDS: 394
NOTES: Sorry this is so late, omg. I've had a really busy week.
Shilo noticed a bit of commotion in the front of the restaurant. People were gathering around who she assumed was probably Greg. A slight smile crossed the woman's lips. It was just about time that she would finally be meeting with him. She took one last glance at her phone to check the time, assuring herself that he hadn't arrived late, then placed the device into her handbag and waited patiently for him to find his way to where she was seated. Shilo thought for a moment about her fans. She couldn't help it, watching as people crowded around Greg. She knew she had people counting on her to do her best, and wasn't about to let them down.

Usually, Greg's casual way of dressing would have put her off. However, Shilo wasn't offended in this instance because of the casual nature of their meeting. Lucky for him. In most cases, had someone shown up looking like that, she'd have just walked out. Of course, that was in the case of business meetings where people were expected to show respect towards their superiors. Today, the field was leveled. Shilo wanted to meet with Greg not as Shilo the CEO, but as Shilo the generous citizen. She extended her hand to shake Greg's. "Please, call me Shilo," she said with a friendly smile. "You're actually just on time! I haven't been waiting long." The woman didn't feel it was necessary to go into detail as to why she had arrived first. It was unimportant information.

"It's no problem, Gregory. Take a look at the menu and I'll call the waiter over," she told him, taking a sip of her water afterward. "I'm very excited to hear your ideas about this event! But we can start after you order." Shilo didn't want him to feel rushed, so she added a friendly "Take your time."

As Shilo grew older, she also grew more patient. As a young girl, she had absolutely no patience. But after working as a CEO for the last five years, she had learned to be more patient. She had to. After all, you can't tell someone what you want done and expect them to have it done within ten minutes in most cases. The woman thought it was probably maturity that gave her this newfound patience, but in reality it was just experience.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by libby at shine, cc, sp and atf LAUZ @ SHINE
custom forum structure by black
The Almanac Effect RPG-D DANCING UNDER THE LIGHTS <